Baume & Mercier
Baume & Mercier’s story begins in 1830 with the founding of a family business. Brothers Louis-Victor and Célestin Baume opened a comptoir horloger (watch dealership) in Les Bois, a village in the Swiss Jura.
Their company developed rapidly and earned an excellent reputation by creating exceptional models incorporating cutting-edge innovations. Loyal to their motto “Accept only perfection, only manufacture watches of the highest quality”, the Frères Baume company enjoyed rapid growth.
Also known for its complication watches, Baume & Mercier has excelled in the art of watchmaking with its chronographs, minute repetitions and chronometers. Baume & Mercier also filed a large number of patents that have since fallen into the public domain for inventions such as the one named “Planetary Rotor” in 1965, designed to fit extra-flat automatic timepieces.
Made in Switzerland since their foundation, Baume & Mercier watches have constantly won awards at the various international Exhibitions or competitions launched by chronometric observatories. In 1919, the firm was awarded the famous “Poinçon de Genève” or Geneva Hallmark, a token of exceptional craftsmanship and quality.
Today, the firm continues to strive to offer its customers watches worthy of celebrating a watchmaking tradition that goes back over 180 years, by upholding the values of fine workmanship which always satisfies our customers’ expectations.